Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weight Watchers O Point Soup

Carrots
Celery
Onions
EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
Chicken broth
Chicken Bullion
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Green Cabbage
Green Beans
Zucchini
Stewed Tomatoes / Diced Tomatoes - actually any kind

I've made it without the recipe for so long, I'll just tell you how I do it.Chop one onion into a pan with a large amount (how ever much you want) of sliced carrots and celery. Add about 4T EVOO and stir on medium heat for like 5 minutes until vegetables soften. I also add about 3t. garlic powder to this mix and let it cook for a few minutes.Then I add two cans of chicken broth, about another 2-3 cups of water, 3T of chicken bullion, and like about 5C. of chopped green cabbage, and 3t. of Italian Seasoning. Then I put two 15oz cans of a tomato product (stewed, diced etc) into the blender and blend just for a few seconds, then add it to the soup. If my green beans are frozen, I add them now, like 2 cups. If they are canned I add them at the end.Simmer the soup for like 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add two sliced zucchini and cook for about 5 more minutes. If I have time, I will saute the zucchini in EVOO first until browned, or you can just throw them in.That's all!

No comments: