Have you seen this book? I just picked up my copy (I know I am a little slow, seeing as how it's about 2 years old)
So I was peeking through it and found this yummy little cookie recipe. It is quite a delish morsel. Once I got passed the gaga smell of the chickpeas I was fine.... TRY IT! 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. 2. In the Kitchen Aid or your hand mixer (easy Sarah... make sure your hair is restrained this time), beat 1 cup packed brown sugar and 3/4 cup trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread (I didn't really know what that was and the tub of margarine in our refridgerator) on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 2 large egg whites and 2 tsp. vanilla, then the 15 oz. can of chickpeas (drained/rinsed) and 2 cups chocolate chips. (I used butterscotch chips because I had them.... YUM) Add 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat... Healthy girl huh???), 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt, and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms. 3. Drop the dough be tablespoons onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake 11 minutes; do not overbake. The texture is a little different, but they are super moist. My kids LOVE them. And so do I. I think they passed the test. The only problem? Well, since I consider them healthier cookies, I think I can eat more than I normally would. I will post pics when I upload them because wow it's an unusual day, I ACTUALLY TOOK PICS!
No comments:
Post a Comment