Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wow... I am on a Pintrest Goodie Roll....

No pun intended :)

Made these breadsticks and Tomato Soup for Dinner (yes I am a romantic person!!)...

1 1/2 c. warm water
1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour

Mix all ingredients and knead for 3 minutes. I did this in my kitchen aid with the dough hook. Cover and let the dough stand for 10 minutes. While the oven is heating to 375 put 1/2 cup butter on jelly roll pan and let it melt completely. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into strips. Take your pan of melted butter out of the oven. I like to take my strips and basically dip both sides in the melted butter, fold in half, then twist. If you would rather just place the strips on the pan and not twist at all, that would be just fine too! Then sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Cover with a towel and let them rise 30 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

So on a side note I think the reason my kids love these breadsticks so much is the amount of butter that is used. I have never cut the amount down but you would definitely not miss 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter if you wanted to cut down on the fat. I should probably do that next time I make them.

No comments: