Monday, May 7, 2012
The yummiest carrots!
I was in charge of sides for Easter and I couldn't find my most favorite go-to carrot recipe. So I made up a new one. This is as close as mine was so it's kind of just a guess of a recipe. But I will claim it as mine :)
1 lb baby carrots
2 T butter
2 T honey
1 T Lemon Juice
Black Pepper... I like to use the freshly ground kind.... get out the pepper grinder sweetheart!
3-4 T. Chopped parsley (found in produce aisle)
In a medium saucepan bring a bunch of water to a boil. Add to tsp salt and the carrots. Cook until tender (it takes us like 10 min in good ol' Utah).
Meanwhile... Melt butter with honey and lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
Drain the carrots and add to the butter mixture. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes-ish. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. It's a good spring sunday dinner veggie dish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment