Friday, August 24, 2012

Another Apricot Chicken

YUM!!!


INGREDIENTS:
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast

•1/2 cup apricot jam

•1 1/2 tablespoon prepared whole-grain mustard (I could not find this so I just used Dijon)

•1 tablespoon butter

•1/4 cup sliced almonds (mine were a little more chunky because I cut them with a knife from being whole)

DIRECTIONS:

1- Pat un-thawed chicken breasts dry, season with salt and pepper

2- place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

3- stir together remaining ingredients (except almonds) in a saucepan. Heat until well combined, stirring often

4- pour sauce over chicken and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes..or until chicken is cooked through.

5- sprinkle chicken with almonds and briefly broil until almonds toast and sauce begins to caramelize.



*Remember to use the drizzle over whatever carb you have with your meal. Tastes sooo good. :)

No comments: