Healthy Turkey Meatballs
{adapted from Secrets of a Skinny Chef}
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 small zucchini, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian)
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup Parm. cheese, grated
1 egg
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped (I used dried... 2 Tbsp)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Cooking spray
Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and combine together with fingers until smooth. Using a mini ice-cream scooper, form into roughly 16 balls and place on a greased cookie sheet (or you may skip the greasing portion and place them on parchment paper).Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until they are just done. Serve on baguettes with favorite marinara sauce and melted mozzarella, OR eat plain with a side dish.
*MY Recommendations*
The kids ate it on top of spaghetti. Andrew and I ate ours on a hoagie with mozzarella melted on top!! I cannot wait to eat this for lunch tomorrow! DELICIOUS!
Oh... AND I would leave the carrots out next time... Unless you can grind them up FINE! I didn't like the chunks.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment