Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hamburger Noodle Bake

From Taste of Home...

My kids actually really liked this, Drew wasn't very keen on the "cheese" part so I didn't smother cheese on his portion and he ate it fine!

4 c. Uncooked Egg Noodles (I used elbow noodles)
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
4 T. finely chopped onion
2 can (8 oz each) tomato sauce
1/2 t. Sugar
1/4 t. Garlic Salt
1/4 t. Salt
1/8 t. Pepper
1/2 c. cream-style cottage cheese
4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
2 T. thinly sliced green onion
2 T. chopped green pepper (I omitted as we don't like the flavor)
2 T. Sour Cream (I omitted)
1/4 c. Parmesean Cheese

Cook the noodle according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef and onion until beef is no longer pink, drain. Remove from heat, stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.

Drain noodles, place half of the noodles in a greased 2 qt baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture, sprinkle with parm cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min or until heated through.

SERVES 4

No comments: