MEXICAN CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
Ingredients:
3 (12 oz.) cans chunk chicken packed in water (Costco!)
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tsp. chopped garlic
(I'm a garlic wimp...I use less)
4 chicken bouillon cubes -or- 4 tsp. bouillon granules
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
4 cups half & half (I use 2 c. regular and 2 c. fat free)
4 cups cheddar cheese
2 (14 oz.) cans cream-style corn
1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilies, undrained
1/2 tsp. tabasco sauce (or to taste)
2 (14 oz.) cans petite peeled & diced tomatoes
Directions:
In a large pot, add chicken with the water it is packed in. Use a wire whisk to separate chunks. Chop onion and add to pot with garlic and hot water, bullion cubes and cumin. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add half & half (I use 2 cups regular and 2 cups fat free), cheese, corn, chilies and tabasco sauce. Cook over medium heat while stirring until cheese has melted. Stir in chopped tomatoes and serve. Fresh cilantro and Fritos are a great garnish, if desired.
Number Of Servings:12-15
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment